Family

Family

Pages

Children of the Promise has given explicit permission for the posting of photos on this site. Photos taken of children in the care of Children of the Promise are not to be posted publicly without explicit permission given by Children of the Promise

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What happens to time in the Carribean?

I have always been one to procrastinate but really it has taken me a year to write another blog post. Not really a good sign but hey we have had a lot to figure out. This is not something that comes easy to me. I am not really into putting my life on the i
nternet but this is my story and my witness to all. Who am I to keep it to myself?

I am still a mom of four beautiful girls they are growing bigger everyday. My fears for their future are still real. I have been needing to remind myself a lot lately that God is writing their story not me. He  is in control of their lives. I am just the blessed mom that gets to go with them and we get to be in each others lives. He gives them everything they need including me. How big of honor is that but I do not give myself enough credit or God enough credit. Really my job is easy just listen to God. I don't have to figure it out I just need to follow and obey. Don't get me wrong I am still human and I am sure that there will be things that I will mess up, but we are hanging in there.

The teaching moment today is a little one in our house. We get the privilege to look over some of the
smallest babies that arrive at Children of the Promise.  The girls love to feed, bath, hold and care for little ones. They do not realize how sad the situation really is. Looking at this little girl that we are caring for brings sadness to my heart for how hard it must be for the family to get to the point that they bring their child to us. I truly have no idea what it must be like to be in their shoes. They are truly dependent on us with the hope that we can save their child and provide nourishment and the medical treatment they need. Those are some big shoes to fill.

Joel is the campus super hero riding around on his moto to the rescue. The kids love him they call him Mr. Joel or papa. They cheer when he changes a light bulb and they can see again. He is a pretty important guy around here. He is always the one with stories and stitches. In fact his third set of stitches came out this week, five in the chin. He had some great guys here this week that helped to take down many trees on the grounds. He is never running out of projects.

I am really hoping with the new year Joel and I will be able to keep everyone up to date. We really do want you to know how we are and the challenges we face day to day.

Love always in Christ,

Amy

Children of the Promise has given explicit permission for the posting of photos on this site. Photos taken of children in the care of Children of the Promise are not to be posted publicly without explicit permission given by Children of the Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment