Family

Family

Pages

Children of the Promise has given explicit permission for the posting of photos on this site. Photos taken of children in the care of Children of the Promise are not to be posted publicly without explicit permission given by Children of the Promise

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Birthdays and Last Days

September 16, 17, 28 what do these dates have in common? They are birthdays for Joel, Rosalee, and Maggie. This makes for a busy time. It has been awesome that we have been able to celebrate these special dates with family but there is still so much to be done.


Rosalee 5 and Maggie 9
Loving the Pumpkins 

Joel will be finishing up his time at Steensma Lawn and Power this week which has been hard on him. Spending the last decade working for really good friends is a hard thing to part with. I am not sure at any given moment what he is thinking, but we seem to do less talking these days about things. Gasp, not talking? To be honest it is hard knowing what to say to each other. I am not even sure what to say to myself let alone my husband who is a man. Yeah, we do not have the same priorities. There seems to be a mutual understanding that this is really hard. We will figure it out though and love each other in the process.

There have been a lot of tears from everyone. With no solid schedule and running around to tie up loose ends nothing seems to be normal. I am curious and fearful for my children, like any mother would be, in this transition. It 's a fact- I am moving my children at a time in there lives that will truly mold them for their entire lives. The moments you look back on as adults to share with their children or to help cope with something they may be going through. It will be hard moving to Haiti wanting to help those around me when truly I am to raise my children where they are. They need me as much if not more than those around me. I am sure they will be scared. I pray God keeps them at the forefront of my mind at all times and does not allow me to be burdened by that which is not mine to carry.

I am crocheting to pass the time. Seems strange but I feel that doing this in these last days will be a good reminder where we came from and how it felt to leave. It will be the last part of our home here in the states. Living the last days loving our family and preparing our hearts for our new home.




1 comment:

  1. Amy and Joel, my heart and prayers are with you as you get closer to this major life changing event for all the you. Tears are filling as I type so I can get them out here in my private space. Joel says, "no tears at the party, get them all out now". I feel personally blessed to call you my friends and see the work the Lord is doing with you. I am humbled by your strength and faith and hope in all things to come. You will be in my daily prayers as you venture out to do what the Lord has asked. Prayers lifted up!

    ReplyDelete